NOTE: These databases contain addresses for local congregations only.
Search the RITA Database of Religious Groups
You may use any combination of the following criteria to narrow your search:
ABOUT USING THE SEARCH ENGINE FEATURE:
- SELECT DATABASE: The default setting is the Puerto Rico Protestant church database
(local congregations only).
- TRADITION and CLASCODE: see the CLASSIFICATION OF RELIGIOUS GROUPS document available in
ENGLISH or SPANISH, which is formatted for the Adobe
Acrobat Reader (.pdf).
- You may narrow your SEARCH by selecting one or more of the options listed in the
left-hand column above (use the middle column for your selection): CLASCODE, KEYWORD,
BARRIO, MUNICIPIO, ZIPCODE, METRO REGION,CENSUS DIVISION and CENSUS REGION.
- Also, you may SORT BY clicking on one of the items in the right-hand column above.
- While viewing the selected database on your monitor, you may do additional SORTS by
clicking on the appropriate COLUMN HEADER.
- Please report any malfunction of the SEARCH ENGINE to the PROLADES-RITA Webmaster at: email@example.com
Most of the field names in the database are self-explanatory, but a few of them
may need further definition:
CLASCODE = Used to sort the database by TRADITIONS and DENOMINATIONS; each DENOMINATION
has its own CLASCODE (alpha-numerical) to facilitate the sorting of groups within the
various FAMILIES of denominations and MAJOR TRADITIONS.
TRADITION = Used to describe the MAJOR RELIGIOUS TRADITION of the Protestant movement.
NOTE: If you would like more information about the definitions of any of the
FIELD NAMES, please send us an e-mail with your
PROLADES = PROGRAMA
LATINOAMERICANO DE ESTUDIOS SOCIORRELIGIOSOS /
THE LATIN AMERICAN SOCIO-RELIGIOUS STUDIES PROGRAM
SPONSORED BY HOLLAND INTERNATIONAL CONSULTANTS
P.O. BOX 63, FAIRFAX, CA 94978-0063